Sunday, 6 December 2015

5th Dec part 2

Raglan is a sleepy place on a beautiful estuary, it feels a bit hippyish with a sleepy 1960s air to the place. There was a fish and chips place at the end of the quay so that's where we headed. We watched some guys fishing off the quayside in front of us whilst we ate. It was a big mistake to get 2 portions as they were enormous, especially as I had already eaten a tasty breakfast and had coffee with cake earlier!
We enjoyed looking in the retro shop and the NZ leather shop there but resisted the temptation to buy anything. We then headed for Ngarani Beach which is a great place for surfing it's just outside Raglan. It was hot and sunny but unfortunately we hadn't taken swimming things. However it's a very long beach which took us well over an hour to walk in both directions so I couldn't resist rolling up my jeans and paddling along in the warm ocean. Wayne teased me that I was just short of my knotted hanky for the Brit look - cheeky monkey.
I must have got some sand in my left eye whilst we were out which made it stream and was very painful indeed. I couldn't see out of it at all for several hours until we got back to Hamilton where I bought and applied some eye wash. Thankfully by late evening the worst of the inflammation had gone down. 

Wayne, Jessica and I were invited for dinner at Julie and Rob's, she had made a tasty spicy chicken dish which we had with mixed roasted veg, asparagus and couscous. They are all such good company it was great to be with them. By the time I went to bed my head was buzzing with all the lovely things we had done.


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful weekend, such a joy to read about all of it and your photos are fab. Love you xx

    ReplyDelete