As part of the service the children did a drama called Photo Opportunity where they started off with just Mary holding baby Jesus, a photographer and his assistant. Then they call for someone to be Joseph and pretend to take their picture, next the shepherds, wise men and then a crowd. Little by little with more people added and more photos taken Mary and Jesus are obliterated. It was a really simple, but
profound, reminder of all the layers we have put onto our Christmas celebrations. Some of those things are right and precious like family and friends but JESUS is the reason for the season, and would love/value our individual worship.
Nicholas went up as a shepherd but his dozy Nan had forgotten her iPad, stupid girl.
Philippa had a worship practise at her church after this service and Simon had been invited to a child's party for one of Four's Company members, so it was an extra treat for me to have a couple of hours alone with Nicholas til Simon came back. We went to buy his favourite choc doughnut and my favourite muffin first, then onto the park before coming back to 904 for him to play.
There was just time for the 3 of us to play Billionaire when Simon got back, Nicholas loves it, before Philippa arrived to collect him. I took some pictures of the two of them together on her birthday, Simon took this one of the 3 of us. I was pleased I had thought to take photos because I later sent the best of the two of them to Brenda, Philippa's Mum. I know how I felt very cut off from Simon on his 40th and I didn't want her feeling the same, she was thrilled to get them and replied to me almost immediately.
No lunch was required for Simon and I as we had eaten cake around midday so we headed out to another of my must do's - Te Mata Peak. It was a hot day but there was a strong wind so we thought we would decide when we got to the lower carpark whether we drove the last third of the peak or did the climb. The first part on the nature trail was really steep and it felt like my heart would explode and my knees would give in but, I am a completed/finisher as the Bellbin psychometric tests say, so we made it to the peak on foot. This first couple of pictures were on the taken way up.
These are taken at the top.
This is the mosaic map showing the various landmarks, oh and Simon's feet.
And this one on the way down.
You can probably understand now why it was a must do. A huge proportion of NZ is this type of landscape with very few cities and large towns. It has the population of Wales, around 4 million but split over the two islands which are approximately the size of the whole UK. Auckland has over 1 million people which leaves the rest of the country spacious and under populated.
After Simon had gone to see the last carol concert I settled down to do some much needed sewing and a bit of viewing. When he came back we watched one of the funniest Would I lie to you ever. If you get a chance to watch the one with Nick of Apprentice fame and Miranda as guests it's definitely worth seeing, it's hilarious.










No comments:
Post a Comment