Saturday, 12 December 2015

12th Dec day 58 relaxing Saturday

How is this for an iced bun? We bought it last night when we did the shopping and it's the size of a large sliced loaf with scrummy apple and custard inside. Seb and I have a thing about buying ice buns from the Co-op in Alrewas on our way home from school, as we both love them, he would have wolfed this one down. 
Today began with a blissfully slow start, we both just got up when we awoke. We chatted for a while over a cuppa before I made an NZ style breakfast. Then it was the weekend crossword - Simon said as we were in the middle of it "did you ever imagine when I was 9 that we would be sharing a crossword?" The answer is of course no, I couldn't possibly have imagined at that stage with his undiagnosed Dyslexia that he would ever even read properly, let alone progressed to getting qualifications that include a degree. As my former boss Rob Parsons used to say "don't read your kids school reports as a prediction of their future achievements" and that's so true.

We then had a really precious Bible reading that led onto us having an honest chat about some things we are both praying about separately, so of course it was much more powerful to pray together
about those things.

As I said just after I arrived someone lent us a car, which has allowed me to have Simon's, but I have been promising myself to give it a good valet for weeks and today was the perfect time. After I had thoroughly cleaned the inside Simon washed the outside, it was a real team effort and this is the result.
We had made a list last night of the Christmas gifts we needed in order for us to buy them without any time wasting - neither of us enjoy shopping so it's a case of see it and buy it! We were incredibly successful getting everything on our list thankfully, so we were able to tick off one of my must do's on the way home - ice cream at Rush Munroes, a fabulous parlour in Hastings with a very pretty pond in the garden.

Once home we each did separate jobs, me garden ironing, him cutting the palm into a tree, rather than leaving it as a bush.
Phil the guy who lives behind was putting up his decorations and came over to show us this nonsense one, Santa on a bike that revs and flashes, while he sings Santa Claus is coming to town!
We had a delicious Indian takeaway whilst watching two episodes of Newsroom before Simon went to have a late cuppa with Carol, after her concert in Havelock. I gift wrapped all our shopping and put it under the tree. I am now feeling very Christmassy indeed.




No comments:

Post a Comment