Wednesday, 23 December 2015

23rd Dec day 69 Christmas shopping and prep

This will be a short blog post as shopping definitely is amongst my least favourite things, but not quite as bad as checking my tyre pressures! Once again we had a comprehensive list which we split down into shopping for 1) all of us 2) just Simon and 3) just me. It took ages but we got almost all of it finished which was a very lovely feeling. Thought I would show you one of the many fruit/veg stalls that are around and where most people buy fresh, delicious, locally grown produce much cheaper than in the shops. 
As you can see boysenberries look like blackberries but are much bigger and sweeter.

When all the jobs were done we played Cluedo for the first time with Nicholas and he caught on really quickly. I had bought as well as Pictionary from the sale Carol and the choir organised not long after I arrived £4 for both - bargain.

In the evening Simon went out to Carol's so Nicholas and I had quality time together before he went to bed. Bless her Carol was on her knees, as following her awful food poisoning, she has had to work 12 hour days since the end of term running the Schools Out programme. As a result she wanted an early night so Simon got back by 10pm, which allowed he and I to watch one of my Christmas film traditions - The Holiday. He'd never seen it before and really enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment