Wednesday, 30 December 2015

30th Dec day 76 more holiday joy

It was another glorious morning with no rush at all to do anything. So we began with our NZ breakfast in the garden, scrumptious I will definitely be cooking this when back in the UK.
We got changed into shorts and Tshirts as it was hot outside by 10am. Then with suncream applied we settled down to our quiet time together, followed by a crossword. Eventually we got changed and made our way to Ocean Spa. Nicholas was with Philippa and Carol had gone into work for the day. 

Simon hadn't seen the new pier in Napier so we walked along the seafront before going into Ocean Spa. The tide was in and the waves were breaking under the pier as we stood at the end. 
Below is the view towards Hastings showing more of Hawkes Bay.
And here is the view of the waterfront looking from the pier, the white in the left hand corner is a large wave crashing up the shoreline.
Simon and I swam lengths when we first arrived and then after half an hour drying off we headed for The Bach, the cafe inside Ocean Spa. Here he is is waiting for our coffees to brew.
We then read and sunbathed for the remainder of the afternoon. Carol called in on her way home from work so they had a cuppa together in the cafe, whilst I stayed on my sunbed. It was a wonderfully relaxing way to spend a summer day.

I wanted a picture of the Agapanthus which are just coming into bloom, so Simon stopped along the coast road for me to get this shot. They are a stunning roadside feature both here and in Australia.
After dinner Simon went to Carol's and I cleared the ironing basket whilst watching the tv before turning in to read my book in bed. 






1 comment:

  1. What a blissful day, I can almost smell the sun cream. It sounds delightful and you deserve it xx

    ReplyDelete