I know you are probably thinking I've sat out in the sun too long, what on earth am I doing with Lego figures? Well there is method in this madness as I was looking for a surfboard and suitable Lego person. You see NZ, like Australia, struggle to have their own Christmas culture, things like shops selling bikinis and Bermuda shorts have a tree, complete with robin and cotton wool snow!! It's incongruous so I determined to do my bit to set a new tradition in the Evans household this year. Instead of the snowy whipped icing on my homemade Christmas cake we are going to have turquoise waves and a beach scene - with a surfer of course!
Would you believe Nicholas has 158 Lego figures and none of them bear any resemblance to a surfer. I found what I thought was a surfboard (turned out later it's a snow board) and mermaid but you wouldn't want this grim figure on your celebration cake would you? Apparently she is called Ivy. As Cheryl would say "well that's an hour of your life you're never getting back Mum" and she would be right.
I have discovered PO queues are the same in the Southern Hemisphere as at home and I had 3 attempts to get stamps for some cards before being successful, after I had picked up Nicholas from school. Once we had broken out of there he and I went to see Transylvania 2 at the Focal Cinema in Hastings. He was concerned I hadn't booked but when we got in there was only 1 person in the whole cinema and they left half way through the film! It was brilliant and both of us had some good out loud laughs.
Nicholas needed to pick up some library books from 904 before I dropped him back to Philippa's and he and Simon set about making some people for my beach scene. Sorry, but you I'll have to wait, no doubt with bated breath, to see them until Nicholas and I have iced the cake.
Simon's day had been very stressful so it was lovely to be here and listen to him offload later. We had a scrummy dinner of the Bald Butcher's best spicy sausages with onion gravy, sweet potato mash and nice veg. We then looked through my holiday pictures from New York onwards til now, via the TV screen. Goodness what a lot I have done, seen and thoroughly enjoyed over the last 6 weeks. Thank you Lord.





Ahhhh! Now I know why you had the Lego figures out! Can't wait to see the cake. And would love to know where they got the gingerbread man Lego from. Noah would love it!xx
ReplyDelete