Monday, 30 November 2015

30th Nov day 47 - see how they grow

As it was the start of ERO for Simon he left early in order to get to school before the inspectors. After he left I cleaned out under the sink and sorted out the stuff that had just been dumped there when he was getting the house ready for sale a couple of months ago. It took quite a while to do that and 3 lots of washing. 

I then started a new morning Bible study based on Psalm 103 after yesterday's message. I thought I would just look at a  couple of verses each day but in the event I didn't get past verse1! That's because it ends with the words "worship His holy name" and I started thinking of some of those holy names we are given in the Bible. As I remembered different ones that prompted me to various songs which included those titles and I had a really peaceful time singing and praying. I had thought of 38 titles, which was a good start. 

Before I went shopping I took this picture of the annuals I planted less than 3 weeks ago, not long after I arrived, what a difference, it demonstrates how furtile the soil is here and the perfect growing conditions at this time of year. I am looking forward to them all flowering.

I had a lot of odd bits of shopping to do and as I hadn't been into K Mart yet this trip excise to shop there. I thought it was a bit like a Tesco Extra so pulled into the carpark. As I was walking across towards the shop I suddenly tripped over a ramp and fell heavily, thankfully putting out both hands to break my fall. I was carrying faulty polypockets I was returning for Simon and they flew off in all directions. People were very kind and went chasing after them as it was breezy, it was chaotic and funny. I was so glad I had put on my jeans or my knees would have been badly grazed, the only thing that really hurt was my left hand but I did feel a bit sick and shaky. I sat in the car for a few minutes before continuing my errands. All that can be seen now is a 3" bruise from my wrist up the palm of my left hand, I was very fortunate indeed but it reminded me I always need to look at the floor, not where I going. My damaged right foot (from 2 back ops) has no reflex so doesn't do the necessary adjustments when I trip, which makes me fall quite a bit.

After that incident it was a successful shopping trip getting everything I needed. I bought cakes in case Carol and Phil, Simon's neighbours at the back were able to come for a cuppa. I called to see them but Carol wasn't having a great day, she has an ongoing condition. They promised to come in a day or two, which will be great. I managed to get all the washing ironed and put away before Simon got home. He had had a challenging day and needed to find his appraisal from Central School last year.

When we couldn't find it at home we drove back to his work for us both to search, unfortunately to no avail. But on the way back I asked him to stop and take this photo. This is a typical hedge in Hawkes Bay, it's enormous isn't it and I have no idea how they are cut, presumably with a gigantic trimmer.
The reason they are so high is to protect the vines and orchards that are everywhere in this region. The wind blows off the Pacific very strongly and the salty air would damage the fruits.

I cooked dinner whilst Simon relaxed and then we watched yet another episode of 'Would I lie to you'. A good laugh was just what he needed before turning in.

1 comment:

  1. That fall doesn't sound good. Glad it wasn't any worse and hope you aren't stiff or achy from it a few days later? That hedge is insane!!xxx

    ReplyDelete