Took a cab to the airport as I had an early start. It was a beautiful sunny morning again and I enjoyed the drive through the quieter neighbourhoods of New York. It was all very leisurely getting to the flight with time for a healthy-eating late breakfast before I flew. The flight is 6hrs 21m, I was surprised no food was provided for that length of journey, only drinks. At one point I asked for a packet of crisps, they were only $2 but they wouldnt take cash only credit cards. I decided against it as my card carries a £3 charge, the thought of paying over £4 for crisps was too much for me - I wasn't that desperate!
The flight had a lot of turbulence but I managed to switch off and watch The Notebook again, such a moving film. I got a shared van into the city which was much cheaper than a cab and just as good. I don't want you picturing me rolling around in the back of a white van - it was a minibus.
I booked into Chancellors Hotel on Powell St, which is the main street by Union Sq and also where the cable cars run, so it's well loctated. Having changed and had a catch up FaceTime with Simon I ventured out and walked up the very steep hill that eventually drops down to the waterfront.
Enjoyed locally caught fish and chips at a place with an ocean side view - perfect. Then walked back to my hotel via Union Sq (pictured below) and retired for a read on my extremely comfy bed. The clocks went back here so I got to enjoy an extra hour in it.
Quite glad you clarified about the van....! 😂
ReplyDelete