I set off on the bridge walk, to my surprise and delight you can go up the Pylon Tower (one of the stone structures of the bridge) for just $8 or £5. The views from the top were stunning and to be recommended, as you can see I am nearly on a par with the expensive bridge climb.
This has been a long held ambition having flown in and out of this harbour on a number of occasions en route to NZ, so it's special to have accomplished it.
There are an amazing array of shops in the harbour area and I visited one that had local artworks. I bought my third Christmas decoration, a handmade glass bauble with 2 exquisitely painted koalas on each side. Will it make it to NZ for tree trimming with Nicholas, let alone the UK, time only will tell?
I took the elevated walkway from the bridge to the Botanical Gardens, they are truly magnificent with such a variety not only of trees and plants but also of birds. I stayed there for a good couple of hours just marvelling at the colour and beauty all around me.
I walked back through Hyde Park with its lovely gardens and statues.
This monument is in recognition of the Aborigines and indigenous people from the Torres Straits who lost their lives in the wars, despite not enjoying the same freedom other Australians did at that time. I have been impressed in all 3 countries I have visited so far at the honesty about their history as nations. Is it because we have so much history in the UK that perhaps we are not as appreciative of our forefathers and their sacrifices for our freedom?
I stopped and ate at a Spanish Restaurant enjoying a Caesar salad with Jarbon and of course a chilled wine, what a memorable day.








What amazing pics you have on your trip.
ReplyDeleteIn 24 hours you'll be sitting in my lounge with a nice cup of tea.
Its very exciting.
xx
Will Helen settle for tea Simon? She seems to be becoming very partial to her glass of wine!
DeleteHope you have the most amazing family time with my precious friend,your lovely Mum xxx
I'm with Simon. You're taking such great pics, it really does give such a flavour of your adventures. Thanks for sharing it all!! I definitely fancy a trip to Sydney now xx
ReplyDelete