Thursday, 10 December 2015

9th Dec day 55 is it a hat and library?

This morning I did a multitude of small jobs, some to help Simon but most for myself. As well as clearing the ironing mountain I started to plan for Hong Kong and then the transport home from Heathrow. I hadn't booked a hotel for my very short night in Auckland on 9th Jan, so as its now less then a month away I thought I had better get a wriggle on. I arrive in Auckland at 7.40pm on the 9th and have to be a the airport for 4.30am on the 10th. It's hardly worth dirtying the sheets! But it's quite a long flight from here and I want to be fit for sightseeing from the moment I arrive, so I booked an Ibis, basic and clean, just 1km from the airport.

I spent a while investigating trains and National Express coaches from Heathrow to Birmingham, now I am just waiting for Cheryl to let me know which is the easiest drop off point to collect me from, for her or Mark. One of them is more than happy to pick me up from Heathrow but I arrive at 7am on 14th Jan - Mark's birthday. They have a fab birthday present opening tradition in Cheryl and Mark's bedroom surrounded by balloons and with a cake. Then it's downstairs for continental breakfast with croissants. I am determined not to have it spoilt by one of them having to leave before 5am.
I know you think this looks like your old school boater - well my generation will, but in fact it's the cake with its almond paste covering. 

Simon was later home tonight and as Nicholas was with Philippa, I went to the library at 4.30pm. I just managed to take back all the books and choose another before they locked me in. In 2 weeks Nicholas had read 8 books - no wonder Simon can't keep up with buying them!
The library is an amazing building but I wanted to show you the grounds around it with the statues, I love this one of the books and I find the Maori carvings fascinating.

After dinner Nicholas came back but he is so like his Dad, he forgets things. He is going optimist yachting and to the skateboard ramps with school tomorrow but he had forgotten his scooter and helmet. Simon went to get those and then I went back for his ??? can't remember, ha that's who where they get it from!

Finally Simon and I got to put up our feet and have a cuppa and cake - although not much evidence of cake in this photo!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment