It was sooooo relaxing in the garden, reading my book, blogging and replying to emails. I have really appreciated friends and family back home keeping in touch with me during my trip. There is a strange disconnect being away for so long and at times I have felt like I have been in a selfish bubble away from all reality.
This is Phil Simon's neighbour from behind. It was his 65th birthday on Christmas Day and he had received a couple of generous vouchers as gifts. He and his wife Carol had been out spending them this morning and he kindly called to show me his latest plant acquisition for down the shared drive - a different colour beautiful Calla lily.
After he had gone I lay on the trampoline reading and attempting to get some colour into the back of the world's whitest legs, it was bliss.
After an afternoon cuppa with Simon I got ready to go around to Carol's for dinner. Her sister Linda didn't have her 2 boys yesterday so it was a re-run of present giving. Jack and Sam are delightful lads, they had spent Christmas with their Dad and his partner in the outback, hunting and fishing etc. They had shot a deer for Christmas lunch - that's different eh? Here they are with thieir Grandma.
Linda had done really well and managed to buy Jack a video camera because he wants to make short movies and a tablet for Sam. They were both over the moon with their presents. There had been a lot of teasing of Jack as he opened his gift before I took this picture, as it was in a photocopy paper box, then when he took it out his cousin was saying its a handbag - hence this pose.
Sam couldn't believe his gift, he is very creative so he is now looking forward to taking lots of photos.
The whole present opening session was hilarious as it was interspersed with 19 year old Anthonio leaping up and firing his Nerf gun, then others joined in when no one was watching. Dinner was in the garden in the gazebo with cold ham, salads and scrummy leftover desserts. It was another really lovely occasion with me feeling like a part of this family now.




Loving the sound of your Christmas and Boxing Day xx
ReplyDelete