In the beginning was Jesus and He was with God and He was God.
Anyway I was delighted we started this special day by focusing on the reason for the season and by praying together. Then we dug into our stockings, such fun. Mine included these 3 car bumper stickers and it was easy to see which of the 3 was each of the boys.
Am not sure yet if they will ever make it onto the bumper of my smart red Saab convertible but I love them and the thought that went into buying them?? Have you ever wondered why we give presents? Well it's because God gave us the best gift ever His only son, now that's worth celebrating.
Philippa came around for present opening about 8.30am, breakfast and as it turned out a quick game of Cluedo together. Nicholas wanted to prepare breakfast for us, here he is as the waiter serving hot croissants.
The 3 of us went around to Carol's about 10.45 for more present opening. They have a tradition of the oldest person getting the first present and everyone oohs and aahs, working down to the youngest. I was impressed Nicholas didn't complain at all but waited for his turn very patiently and was enthusiastic about various gifts. You can see he's enjoying Simon getting a coffee maker from Carol and her boys.
But he was positively popping when he opened Ken's present because it was a part of the Star Wars Ghost he knew Simon and I had ordered but hadn't arrived. I had some really thoughtful gifts, mainly jewellery which is easy to get back to the UK. Carol and her sister Linda had bought me a pretty pink/ lilac cross necklace and a beautiful scarf to match. When I opened one of the gifts Cheryl had sent it was a lovely cyclamen pink M&S top that perfectly matched the things the girls had given me. Wendy bought me wooden doorstops in native rimu wood for the heavy doors back at my apartment.
Instead of party hats we all had whacky glasses which gave us a laugh. Here are Carol's sons Matteo and Anthonio, below me looking like Dame Edna
There were fabulous deserts to follow just before Simon had to drop Nicholas back to Philippa. The party was such a happy affair with lots of laughter, it was a joy to be here. Late afternoon Carol's boys disappeared and the rest of us settled down to watch Miracle on 34th St. Carol's Mum kindly dropped me back at 904 about 7.30pm, it was lovely to just be alone, put my feet up and reflect on this happy time.
When Simon got back later we both had a catch up with Cheryl, Marcus and Seb to find out how their Christmas morning was going. Apparently Marcus was sad I wasn't there on Christmas Eve when the Moran's were around. All the kids decided to do a show so I was missed (I'm a pro at being a one woman, enthusiastic audience having had years of practice). Anyway Ken and Jeannette (Cheryls Dad and stepmum) were staying this year. Thankfully as soon as Marcus had expressed his disappointment he recovered himself and said in his announcers voice "but thankfully we have 2 subs here today joining us on the bench!" That gave them all a laugh and they were back to having fun.
Looking back on the day it's been brilliant, better than I could have hoped or imagined. I have waited 10 years to spend Christmas with Nicholas, and although I missed my UK family it was definitely worth the trip. Simon had done amazingly getting everything organised and I am proud of him. It's great to see him so happy with Carol and both he, and Nicholas, included in her extended family.
So thank You Lord for the best ever gift of Your son Jesus who we celebrate today. Thank You for my fabulous family and all my friends around the globe. Thank You for this amazing trip of a lifetime and all I have seen, done and enjoyed since leaving home.











I echo your amens Helen, I also say thank God that he has brought Carol and her family into Simon's life and that she is so caring of both Simon & Nicholas.
ReplyDeleteI really believe she will be a blessing to your whole family.
I love Marcus commenting on the "subs" bless him. I guess that the UK contingent are counting down the days now until you are home.
May God Bless the remaining time in NZ, praying that you will have 1:1 time with Carol before you leave so that you can really get to know her.
Lots of love xxxx
Thanks for all that encouragement my lovely friend, you have been an extra blessing whilst I have been away. Do hope your Christmas on Boxing Day with your gang was fun, love you xx
ReplyDeleteSoooo happy to read this post and hear how wonderful your Christmas has been. Thank you Jesus xx
ReplyDelete