I did some shopping on the way back and managed to arrive just before Richard and Christina did, they are from a company called iDraw who are doing the drawings of the existing 904 and then the concept drawings for the extension. Simon is hoping to add a double garage at the front, change the present lounge to a media room and his bedroom to a study. He will extend all the way down the side of the house to hopefully accommodate 4 bedrooms and then have a spacious open plan lounge/diner and kitchen which lets onto the garden. When finished he should have a beautiful modern home but also maintain the look of this 130 yr old house (that's old for NZ).
When they had gone Simon and I did a Bible study and a crossword. He then helped me make his 'favourite' stuff as Carol and Phil from the house behind were coming around just after lunch.
Phil had very kindly dug out some tree light bulbs as a couple on the tree here have blown, which meant there were very few working. Because Nicholas and I had decorated the tree together I really didn't want to pull it all to pieces to put on the other set of lights. Simon had to leave to collect Nicholas from school and do some shopping but when he got back the 3 of us were still happily chatting.
They are delighted Simon and Nicholas are extending rather than moving as neither of them are well and Simon is always ready to help Phil with small jobs. The two properties share the drive, Simon ensures the grass on one side Is kept cut and here is a sample of Phil's contribution on the other, I know who gets the better deal!
It was lovely to have him back now for this first week of the holidays and up to mid afternoon on Christmas Day. Just doing ordinary family things like meals, playing games, watching tv together is a treat for me and I am savouring every minute.






I was wondering whether you had been cajoled into making stuff for Simon.
ReplyDeleteSo enjoying the blogs and seeing the lovely smiling faces in all of the photos.
Even smiley Zeb turns up in your blog showing his " latest look"
Much love to you all xxx
Thanks Pam funny you realised I would have to make the stuff! Am delighted you have hung on in there all this time with the blog, that's tenacity. I am looking forward to reading it all and reliving so many wonderful memories when I get back. Much love Helen xx
ReplyDeleteIt really is so wonderful how Simon and Philippa have managed everything with Nicholas. I'm certain it will have made such a huge difference, to all of them in fact. Gorgeous photos in this post xx
ReplyDelete