This is the most challenging part of the trip for me as I have a very limited amount of time in Los Angeles and I have to change terminals with my heavy case and backpack. Also because I am on a world ticket my baggage label won't print when I check in so I have to join a queue for attendants to do it for me. Was feeling a bit anxious about that and the 18hrs 45min flying time, as my back isn't good if I sit too long. But God is good and a few people have been praying about it for me, so I now feel very calm and confident about the whole thing. There is a great verse if you are feeling unsure it's in Phillipians 4 vs 13 and says "I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength", it was a good reminder for me that all will be well if I keep trusting Him.
Having taken these 2 pictures of the hotel I went for a leisurely walk to the fabulous shops around Union Sq. As most of you know I am not a shopper at all but it was a special thing to do with no time pressures and not needing to get anything, other than a Christmas decoration to remind me of my time in the US. I bought a star in Macy's to represent the Stars and Stripes, it had been handmade in Haiti to provide income for some of their poorest people.
I also treated myself to a wrap which is Royal Stewart tartan on one side and black/white on the other. It's from a new online clothes called Modcloth and you had to order most things, but not this. They have some really different stylish clothes so I will look them up in the future. Their shop here has only just opened. Finally I bought a new black cardi from H&M as my only black one is now 15 years old - so doesn't owe me anything!
There was still time so I sat in the sunshine for 45 mins just loving the warm sun on my face, it made me think of Bondi Beach which is my next stop. Initially it was noisy as they are erecting the ice rink in Union Sq but then the guys must have gone for lunch and I could hear so much birdsong amid the hub of traffic noise, it was beautiful. I sat beside this monument to commemorate Admiral Dewey and the American Fleet's victory over the Spanish in 1898.
I lose the 4th Nov day 21 as I don't land in Sydney until 9.15am on the 5th, so it's over and out for a day or two x
Ps wonderful answer to prayer when I arrived at San Francisco Airport. I couldn't check in so had to go to Customer Assistance and they were able to book me and my baggage right through to Sydney, praise God and yippee. I now have boarding passes for both flights and won't see my case til the 5th. So I am off for a nice meal and a glass of wine to celebrate, how civilised x



Still so happy at how the airport thing worked out. Praying for you with this lonnnng flight. You're nearly done as I type xx
ReplyDelete