Having pegged some of the clothes out I had a lovely catchup time with Vicky who was cuddling Reuben. He had been in bed and woken up distressed, however after a few mins of snuggling he perked up and was clearly now wide awake. Vianney put him on his favourite mat and here he is happily playing. Unfortunately during the rest of the night he developed a croopy cough, so clearly he's not well, poor little man.
When it was time to pick Nicholas up I had to ask two of the Mum's where Raureka School was, as Nicholas had a game of T ball there at 3.30pm. The one Mum confidently told me it was left, first right past the racecourse and then on the right down that road. I wrote it down happily thinking I wouldn't get lost. Thankfully for me the other Mum hung around to wait for me when I met Nicholas and told me those were incorrect directions. It was much more complicated but thanks to her we arrived by 3.25pm. Here is Nicholas with some of his class before the game began.
T ball, for those of you who like me had no clue, is very similar to rounders except there isn't a bowler, the ball is put on a large T just below waist height for the batsman to hit before they run. It was great to be there and fun to watch. St Matthews lost 19-6 but they played well against a team at least 2 years older than them.
As you know most of my action shots have been rubbish so am proud of this one when 3 of them went chasing the ball towards the end of the match.
I dropped Nicholas at Philippa's for dinner then Simon and I went to do the weekly shop together. Even something as mundane as this was a joy, just picking what we'd eat, a couple of treats towards Christmas and us chatting and laughing as we shopped. When we got home Simon cooked the most scrumptious bolognese which we had just finished when Nicholas got home in time for his bath.
Simon took Carol's birthday cards and gifts round to her so she could open them first thing tomorrow. I happily watched a Location, Location whilst he was out, I have missed Phil and Kirsty!





Haha, Phil and Kirsty!! You do love those programmes don't you :) Cute pic of little man on FaceTime, I'm still amazed he was so happy at that point given how he deteriorated bless him.
ReplyDeleteLove the action shot and really intrigued by the concept of T-ball, sounds really fun xxx