Later it needed charging so I went to plug it in and couldn't find my charger. I searched my backpack and emptied my case. Rubbish I must have left it at Cobble Beach but neither Carol nor I could understand it. It was such a massive suite we had both checked everywhere, so couldn't believe it had been overlooked. As my iPad contains all my photos since last Christmas and is my only means of communication with family and friends it's pretty important on this trip. My last resort was my soap bag - well not so much a soap bag more a heavy duty carrier (sorry Cheryl I know I am a bag lady) which was in the bathroom. It wasn't there but common sense dawned and I realised being in a city now it was no big deal to buy another one, so came out and said that to Carol.
I didn't sleep much that night I wasn't anxious but things were on my mind. I realised I was homesick for the first time. It's not possible to put the light on and read or make a cuppa when sharing a room with your friend so it seemed a long night. Eventually I dropped off after 3am.
In the morning reason returned and we worked out quite a bit of my tensions are around living out of a suitcase, packing up every few days and not really knowing where everything is located. You see I am a person with a high need for order e.g. after a 40 hour non stop journey from NZ in the past I could never just go to bed, I would have to put on my first load of washing and empty the case! and put it away. or if friends come for dinner I have to clear the kitchen before bed.
The up side of my kind of personality is its been of real use over the many years I was an Operational Manager for the PO, Care for the Family and Ignite, that's because I get things done and organised.
Sorry for this long post but I wanted to log for myself that this kind of trip isn't the easiest for my personality type. Anyway a bit of time with God and an early swim in this fabulous pool and my positive contented nature returned, thank You Lord so much.

Its good to reflect and to 'know yourself' better. It helps with knowing your limits and pushing yourself to your max. Which is often challenging but so rewarding.
ReplyDeleteIts good you know yourself so well and can allow for it as you progress through such a huge trip.
Am looking forward to having you here and I'm hoping you'll be feeling its a little more like 'home'. Much love. xx