Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Leaving home

Am writing this at Heathrow waiting to board and have had a lovely couple of hours with Carol starting with a large cappuccino and a pain au raisin. I needed that as the last couple of days have been frenetic trying to get everything sorted. I very rarely get stressed but last night I was so uptight that if some had offered me my money back for this world trip I would have snatched their hand off! That sounds so ungrateful but it forced me to think about what it was that was getting to me.

Years ago when Simon was born I realised for the first time I am a homemaker. Home really matters to me and the thought of being gone from mine for so long is a big ask. However with the benefit of sleep and finally being on the way reality has come back into focus. Wherever I go the Lord is with me and will help me it says Psalm 139 so I need to focus on Him and this will be wonderful. Time to go, will put in the picture of view from home when I have had further training on being a blogger.

2 comments:

  1. So excited to think of you sat at Heathrow, finally embarking on the dream. Hope the stresses of making it happen fast fade into a memory and pale into insignificance compared with all you will enjoy. Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that the last few days have been such a trial. Will be praying for you and Carol. Have a blessed time. So looking forward to seeing you. XX

    ReplyDelete