We decided to concentrate on the other attractions we had on our wishlist in Niagara today so we started with Niagara on the Lake a beautiful town at the top of the Niagara Straits. It shows how compatible Carol and I are as we both wanted to head for the views of Lake Ontario first before any retail. We walked along enjoying the Autumn colours with the soft sound of the lake lapping. It's so vast you keep thinking it's the sea. We started to pick which houses with fabulous lake views we would choose if money were no option, here's my favourite
It was fascinating when we got home later Val said its the one Lynne & Derek (her brother & sister-in-law stay in), they are amongst my best friends and the reason we have such great hospitality in Niagara. Just shows how in tune friends can be. We had coffee and a warm cinnamon bun at probably one of the prettiest Starbucks in the world, sorry my picture doesn't do it justice as the sunlight has got in.
The drive down to see the floral clock and the Botanical Gardens was sensational, a feast of colour. The gardens were mainly a disappointment, not because of the lack of flowers, the chrysanthemums were glorious but the trees were mainly green with a lot of firs. We had imagined it would be a riot of colour to reflect the beauty in the local area, but not so.
Then it was on to my long anticipated adrenalin rush of the very high cable car over the Niagara whirlpool where there is a bend in the Straits. The clouds were foreboding and as I and a handful of other nutcases boarded, it started to lash with rain. We set off and as we got about halfway across on this thrilling ride, it started to thunder. At about 2/3rds distance they decided to turn back as the risk of being striuck by lightning in this all metal cable car is high.
It didn't bother me at all as my faith in the Lord Jesus has completely freed me from the fear of death and I know I won't go a second before His perfect timing. Ecclesiastes 3 vs 2 says "a time to be born and a time to die..." Anyway I was still very glad to continue this wonderful adventure and as I had got all the photos I wanted I was delighted to get back and get a full refund on what had been such fun experience!






These photos have brought back lovely memories of our trip to Canada in 1993.
ReplyDeleteWe went in April and parts of the falls were frozen and there were men hacking away at the ice in "contraptions" like the ones they use to clean windows on very high buildings.
Hi Helen ... Please get Carol to smile on the next photos :-) Andy
ReplyDelete