Saturday, 2 January 2016

2nd Jan day 79 fun and games with Nicholas

With Simon out this morning Nicholas and I played some games, as well as watching a couple of Star Wars Rebels cartoons. I am learning that the 2 main characters in the Rebels (goodies) vehicle Ghost are Hera and Canaan and that yesterday Ezra finally found out that his parents were killed leading a rebellion against Darth Vader's dark forces - are you impressed? Simon has been a Star Wars fan since it came out when he was a child, but because it was always something he played whilst with his Dad I never learnt anything much about it, but I am having to up my game now!

Later Nicholas wanted to play Minecraft on the Xbox. He is a big Minecraft fan so before I left Seb helped me download the game but being like the Billy Whizz he is, his instructions on how to play were a blur, so I wasn't much wiser after my first training session. Nicholas was marginally better but after about 5 mins of the most basic instructions he wanted to play (understandably) and so I had to just muddle along. He was building a shelter, killing his food, finding the map etc etc, whilst I struggled to get the hang of jumping out of the water, when I inadvertently fell in. We played for quite a while, but after an early horrific demise by means of a poisonous cactus and the other cause of my death was falling off the temple, I decided I would probably learn more by watching him. 

When Simon got back we had a bit of essential shopping to do. Nicholas and I trundled to Bakers Delight to buy Simon's favourite low carb bread, whilst he braved the supermarket.
The 3 of us then went to the cinema to see the Good Dinosaur, a very sweet movie.
Here we are tucking into our goodies just before the film started. Both Simon and Nicholas like dipping their ice creams into the popcorn - different.
On the way out I noticed a cardboard cutout of a Storm Trooper, so I just couldn't resist this photo opportunity.
It was games time when we got home once we had eaten some fresh fruitbread with jam (you know me) and we also had a delicious coffee from Simon's Nespresso machine. We had all decided the game had to be Monopoly - now there's a Christmas family favourite but this is with NZ streets. We played for over 4 hours and then decided to leave it hoping Simon and I could recover a bit from the beating we were taking from Nicholas (and honestly we were both really trying hard to win).
The dining table was rendered unusable because of the game so we ate fresh chicken kievs from the Bald Butcher with lots of salad - oh and a few chips, just to keep Nicholas company obviously. We watched Ice Age 4 whilst we ate in the lounge, that is such a funny movie. 


1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh out loud more than once. Just brilliant! The image of you learning minecraft honestly tickled me, I don't know why! You're so brilliant getting stuck in with it all, it's why kids adore you. And us grown ups think you're pretty alright too ;)) Sounds like a gorgeous day xxx

    ReplyDelete